Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

DIY Headboard


Here are my basic steps of how I did it but the tutorial I followed was from Centsationalgirl.com.

Hollow Door from Lowe's (they cut it for me) laid on 3 layers of batting 


Stapled..


Stepped on... ok just kidding... Mallie wanted to help :0)


I had a issue with my drop cloth for the fabric, there was a big seam down the middle! Boo! So I went to Walmart and got 2 yards of Natural Cotton Twill for $11.00 total. 

Sorry no pictures for the fabric part but all I did was take the door (with the stapled batting on it) and laid it on top of the fabric (ironed before hand) and stapled it also. Easy Peasy :0)

Then I applied the Nailhead...

Nailhead Trim Kit in French Natural from Perfectfit.com
$13.50 for 10 yards!


Tools I used for this process:

Hammer with doubled felt wrapped around it
(You are supposed to use a rubber mallet but I didn't have one, so I improvised)
Level
Trim Kit



I started at the bottom and worked my way around. 



The corners were the trickiest, but once I put my "thinking cap" on I figured it out ....

And yes I just said "thinking cap", I am such a loser


Ahhh but you'll have to wait and see the final product until next time!!

Mwaahh haa haaa haaah haaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment